Auburndale in Newton, Massachusetts is located along the banks of the Charles River which makes for beautiful parks and walking and biking paths. But there is more to beautiful Auburndale these days. The village center is full of charming places to eat and shop. For commuters, there is easy access to all major routes by car. Public transportation can be accessed through the Green Line T stop at Riverside, or the Auburndale Commuter Rail Station.
Auburndale Center, or the many bus lines including the popular Express Bus.
- Rent a canoe or kayak and enjoy nature on the river at Charles River Canoe and Kayak.
- Enjoy some award-winning theatre at the Turtle Lane Players. 283 Melrose Street, Auburndale, MA
Turtle Lane is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, which produces full-length Broadway musicals and original works, as well as providing education programs and community service and support. Our productions have garnered several Independent Reviewers of New England (IRNE) awards and nominations and the theater has been nominated as an “A-List – Best of Boston” theater by Boston’s CBS affiliate WBZ-TV. ~www.turtlelane.org
- Visit the local Auburndale Community Library – The beautiful Auburndale Library is an amazing example of true community collaboration. The Auburndale Community Library is a non-profit community library staffed by volunteers and funded 100% by donations. Visit Aburndalelibrary.org
- Enjoy a pastry and some amazing iced coffee at the BreadSong Bakery.
BreadSong Corner Bakery, we are a world-class, locally-owned artisan bakery in Auburndale, Massachusetts. We specialize in European-style crusty breads, tea breads and challah as well as a daily variety of breakfast and lunch foods, including sticky buns, muffins, scones, cookies, lunch rolls and pizza. ~www.breadsongbakery.com
- Go shopping at the Just Next Door gift shop. “Where every day is a special occasion.” 327 Auburn St, Auburndale, MA, 617-965-6797